Oakley Team Athletes Dazzle at the 2010 Tour de France
The coveted yellow jersey may have alluded the Big O in the final standing this year…but make no mistake, Oakley athletes were absolutely brilliant in the battle for Tour de France glory.
Team riders dotted the French landscape and stage winner podiums all throughout the heated contest: 12 stage victories. Athletes rocking the yellow jersey. And a handful of O riders proudly finishing in the top 10. Few teams at the competition enjoyed the immense athleticism and state-of-the-art equipment characteristic of Oakley’s presence at the Tour. Just the way we like it.
How’s this for a breakdown?
• Five for Mark Cavendish (winner of the last stage in Paris)
• Two for Fabian Cancellara
• Two for Andy Schleck
• One for Thor Hushovd
• One for Pierrick Fedrigo
• One for Joaquin Rodiguez
• Six days in Yellow for Fabian Cancellara
• Six days in Yellow for Andy Schleck
• 10 days in Green for Thor Hushovd
• Six days in White for Gerraint Thomas
• 17 days in White for Andy Schleck
• Six days in Polka Dot for Anthony Charteau
• White Jersey: Andy Schleck
• Polka Dot Jersey: Anthony Charteau
Overall Final Standings:
• 2nd: Andy Schleck
• 4th: Samuel Sanchez
• 7th: Hesjedal
• 8th: Joaquin Rodriguez
• 10th: Horner
All in all: One killer Tour de France for Oakley in 2010 with moments of pure greatness! Congratulations to all O Team Members for a job well done!